Thursday, May 9, 2019

Chocolate Cream Pie Murder

Ugh, these books. I don't know why I keep reading them, I truly don't. I can't eat any of the food, because I'm vegan and her recipes definitely are not. There wasn't even a murder in this one until about 10 pages before the end, and Hannah solved it two seconds later.
It started out with her *apologizing* to her church for being taken in by that scumbag Ross. Um, what? Girl, that is so not your fault. Don't apologize for that jerk. Her friends rally around her and promise to make Ross sorry if he ever dares set foot in Lake Eden again.
Those are some good friends.
Ross actually does have the audacity to get in touch with Hannah, showing up at the Cookie Jar and scaring her half to death, threatening her if she doesn't get him the money he gave her. Hannah is more than willing to give him the money, but it ends up turning into a weird cat and mouse game with the bank. All the while, Hannah is busy making (and eating) enough food to feed three armies. I'm sorry, but if someone was threatening my life, I think I might actually lose my appetite.
The ending was completely predictable and totally made me lose it. She kept dropping hints, so I knew it was coming. I really hoped I was wrong, but no. Fluke isn't that clever to plant red herrings.
Oh well. I'm still solidly Team Norman. He was a total sweetheart in this book, even sleeping on her couch so she wouldn't be alone at night. You should have married Norman, Hannah. Or hell, even Mike. At this point, anything would have been preferable to this Ross storyline.

No comments: