Friday, July 19, 2019

Lessons from Lucy

I love Dave Barry. I can't believe he's 70! I remember reading "Dave Barry Turns 40", and it makes me feel very old (it's not the only thing that makes me feel old, by the way. Pretty much everything does these days). Dave and his wife and daughter have a sweet dog named Lucy. As you can see by her picture, Lucy is getting up in years but Lucy is still a very happy dog. Dave came to a point in his life where he realized he wasn't very happy anymore, and decided to see if he could be more like Lucy. Cherishing and finding the joy in everyday things, like walks and meeting new people. Staying in touch with his friends and trying to have fun. Appreciating all that he has. They were very sweet lessons with just enough touch of humor to keep them from being maudlin. We as humans don't deserve dogs. Like Dave, I will try to be more like Lucy, too.

No comments: