Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Promoting and Marketing the Library

Last night I finished reading "Promoting and Marketing the Library" by Benedict A. Leerburger. I'm taking Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations in school right now, and the professor suggested if we've had limited experience with marketing, to read as many books on the subject as we could. This was one of the few that I've been able to find so far, since I don't want to drive all the way to a CSU to check books out of an academic library. Even though it was published nearly 20 years ago (at least, the edition I have) it was still pretty relevant and interesting. Not the most exciting of subjects, I know, but necessary to have a good grasp of. There were even chapters on promoting academic and special collection libraries in addition to public ones. Plenty of good ideas to build on for my class, and I think, even though the book has been on the shelf in that library I checked it out of since 1992, I'm the first person to check it out, because it was in mint condition! A rarity for a library book of that age.

No comments: