Friday, August 1, 2008

On a Pale Horse; It's Only a Game

I'm trying to read more sci-fi for work, because I really haven't read much. One of the patrons recommended "On a Pale Horse" by Piers Anthony to me, and it was really good. I was surprised at how much I liked it. It was really sci-fi lite--a little blend of fantasy. Zane is really in the dumps: he's broke, has no food, and is about to be evicted from his apartment. Contemplating suicide, he ends up killing Death instead and discovers that whoever kills Death must then assume his job. As Zane learns how to be a compassionate Death, he falls in love with Luna. Luna is predestined to thwart Satan in the future, if Death and the rest of the Immortals Incarnate can keep her safe from him. There was just enough realistic elements to balance out the magical ones.
"It's Only a Game" by Terry Bradshaw did exactly what he said he set out to do: entertain. He said he hoped the reader would laugh, and boy did I. He's a very funny guy. It wasn't so much about his football career as just general thoughts on life. I enjoyed it.
LESS THAN THREE HOURS UNTIL "BREAKING DAWN"!!!!

No comments: