Thursday, October 9, 2008

Life with My Sister Madonna; Stori Telling

I know, I know: two trashier books don't exist, right? Well, while both were very dishy, I kinda liked them. It's awful, but I'm in the mood for fluff right now.
First, "Life with My Sister Madonna" by her brother, Christopher Ciccone. I hope he wasn't expecting Madonna to forgive him after reading this nasty little tell all. Admittedly, there isn't a lot of surprising dirt on Madonna: she doesn't drink or do drugs or anything crazy like that. She just treated her dear brother like crap (or so he claims, I'm inclined to take everything with a grain of salt. However, that being said, he did seem like a really fun, likeable guy). It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I probably won't ever read it again, but it was worth it the first time.
"Stori Telling" by Tori Spelling did what I thought would be impossible: it actually made me feel sorry for her. I know! Who feels sorry for Tori freakin' Spelling?! But I did, and she too seems really likeable and friendly. I'm really glad she has finally found true happiness with her husband, Dean. I hope it lasts for her. She seems to really have worked hard to deserve it. And as a huge "90210" fan (boy, I'm admitting a lot of guilty pleasures here!) I always liked her character, and never thought she only got the job because of her dad. I probably won't ever read it again, but it was good for laughs the first time around.

No comments: