Thursday, March 19, 2009

Little Bee; Texasville; A Child's Journey Out of Autism

"Little Bee" by Chris Cleave was not nearly as good as all the blogs led me to believe. I'm seriously going to stop taking my fellow librarian's advice when it comes to reading materials. I thought it was boring and uninspired.
So for laughs I reread "Texasville" by Larry McMurtry for the umpteenth time. It never fails to cheer me up.
"A Child's Journey Out of Autism" by Leeann Whiffen was absolutely amazing. It reminded my of Jenny McCarthy's "Mother Warriors" and "Louder Than Words", which were so inspiring. My pet cause is autism, and I would love to see this epidemic come to end, to see all the children affected rescued as successfully as Whiffen's son Clay and Jenny's son Evan. Very inspiring and touching.

No comments: