Saturday, January 28, 2012

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

"Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List" by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan was their second collaboration, after "Nick and Norah" but before "Lily and Dash". I enjoyed it, but not as much as the other two. Naomi and Ely have grown up together in NYC, best friends since childhood, always a pair. Naomi loves fantasizing about their future wedding and lives together. Too bad Ely is gay. Naomi *knows* this, she just prefers fantasy to reality. But when she and Ely have a big falling out, it seems like their friendship is doomed to come to an end. I think the thing that kept me from liking this book more was Naomi. She's described as being absolutely gorgeous and thin, men falling all over her, etc., so when it comes to feeling sorry for her I find myself hard-pressed to have much sympathy. I know, I know: even beautiful, lucky, rich, thin people have problems. I just find it hard to care :)

No comments: