Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning

I watched season one of Netflix's new series this weekend, and it was so good, it made me want to reread the series of books. I read them years ago, when they first came out. "The Bad Beginning" starts off with Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire finding out their parents have died in a fire and they are now orphans, shuttled off to live with a distant relative named Count Olaf. It's pretty clear the the Baudelaire children that Count Olaf is just interested in their parents' enormous fortune, which can't be touched until Violet comes of age, but none of the dimwitted adults in the children's lives believe them. It's very funny and witty and charming. I only have 1,000,000 (approximately) library books checked out right now, so I really shouldn't be rereading these, but I think by now we all know how this is going to end :)

No comments: