Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Evil That Men Do

This has been on my "to read" list for ages, and since I didn't have anything new (and completely ignoring the thousands of books I own but haven't yet read...) I checked it out. It was fascinating, but really intense, I had to stop reading it and read something more cheerful to break up the ugliness. Roy Hazelwood was an FBI profiler. This book is a collection of some of his worst cases and how he and his fellow profilers were able to help solve them. He was a pioneer in the field of sexual predators, and the first to realize not all rapists raped for the same reasons. He was also the one who came up with the "organized" vs. "disorganized" classification for murderers, which is familiar to anyone who reads true crime or watches "Criminal Minds".

No comments: