Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Save the Date

I really enjoyed Matson's "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour", and this book sounded like fun, so I bought it. I'm glad I did, it was so funny. Charlie's older sister, Linnie, is getting married, and Charlie is excited to have her four older siblings back in the house again. Since her parents have sold their family home and they are moving out soon, Charlie knows this might be the last time the five of them are all together. Her mother has also decided to end her popular, long running comic strip, "Grant Central Station", based on the antics of her crazy family.
Chaos ensues when they discover, the day before the wedding, that the wedding planner has fled the country after being charged with embezzlement. The company has sent them a new wedding planner, but the old planner managed to make a right mess of things. Pretty much everything that can go wrong does, with hilarious results. It was very fun, I honestly don't remember the last time I laughed out loud at a book. I love Matson's voice, too, she's very clever.

No comments: