Thursday, July 12, 2018

Sisters

The companion to "Smile"! It was pretty cute, I didn't relate as much to it as I did to "Smile" because my family never took road trips when I was a kid. In this one, Raina and her mom and her little sister, Amara, and their little brother, Will, are driving to Colorado for a big family get together. Their father has to work, but he's flying in on the weekend. Raina and Amara don't get along at all, never have, and being trapped in a car for a week doesn't help matters. They squabble and fight and Raina retreats to her Walkman so she doesn't have to listen to her sister. Colorado is disappointing: the cousin she was close to when they were little is way more mature than her and doesn't want to hang out, the adults are boring, the little kids are rowdy. Raina feels like she doesn't fit in anywhere. And then there's the matter of the snake in the car. All in all it was amusing, I enjoyed it.

No comments: