Monday, November 6, 2017

Darkly Dreaming Dexter

All right, well, I think I figured out what I'm going to reread now that I finished the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" is the first in the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay. Dexter is a blood spatter expert in Miami with a dark secret: he likes to kill people. Now, having been raised by a cop, Dexter has a strict moral code. He can only kill people who are bad. He carefully chooses his victims: murderers, pedophiles, rapists, and sacrifices them to his "dark passenger". His adopted sister, Deb, is working vice, anxious to get her big break into homicide, and it looks like she might get her chance with the latest string of murders of prostitutes, drained of blood and cut into pieces. Dexter is intrigued by the kills. I love how snarky and darkly humorous Dexter is. Lindsay is a fun writer, I wish he would write more.

No comments: