Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Case of the Fabulous Fake; Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

First, a Perry Mason Mystery by Erle Stanley Gardner. It was actually kinda blah: there was a courtroom scene that was totally devoid of theatrics, there were no cloak and dagger hanky panky with evidence, and Della barely budged from her desk (although Perry flew to San Francisco and back a few times). I think I'm just so excited about Stephenie Meyer's new book that I'm not really into anything else right now. I was like this last year before the last Harry Potter, too. So, since I caught "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" on HBO again yesterday, I decided to reread J. K. Rowling's "The Half Blood Prince" rather than try and focus on something new. It was a good decision; I enjoyed rereading it (it's been about 18 months since I read it last). I always seem to do this: I go backward. Next I'll reread number 5, then 4, and so on. Oh, well! It was nice to remember all the hoopla and excitement that happened when those books came out. I was working at Barnes & Noble when 5 and 6 were released, and it was so exciting to see how many people of all ages were so anxious for a book! It did my booklover's heart good.

No comments: