Thursday, July 10, 2008

Clapton

So, after reading Pattie Boyd's "Wonderful Tonight", I decided to be fair and give Eric Clapton the chance to redeem himself by reading his autobiography. He came across as pompous and unlikeable, and in the end said he felt no shame for his past life. Really? The whole drinking, drugs, ruining family and friend's lives, fathering two illegitimate children with two different women while married to Pattie--none of this makes you feel ashamed? I'm very big on not judging people, but seriously. Feel some remorse. Be humble. Apologize. I guess he thinks he doesn't need to. As far as the story itself goes, I was never a big fan of Clapton's music (still not, not likely to be, either, now) so his story wasn't very interesting to me. But fans of Clapton who would like a whitewashed account of his exploits might enjoy it.

No comments: