Thursday, November 12, 2009

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

It's heartbreaking, the end of an era. This is Louise Rennison's tenth and final Georgia Nicolson book. Why, Louise, why? I'm very, very sad about this. I love Georgia and her lighthearted antics. I laugh myself silly with each book, and have looked forward to each installment yearly. And now, no more. Well, at least she ended the series in a wonderful if not completely predictable way--while agonizing over whether to continue dating Masimo or go for Dave the Laugh (DAVE! As I've said a million times before!), the decision is made for her when Masimo moves to London and Dave dumps his girlfriend Emma to go with Georgia. Hurray! I wish she would have written a little about the two of them together. That would have been tops. Well, ciao Georgia. You will be missed.

No comments: