Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Walking Dead Vol. 2

Continuing the series by Robert Kirkman, book 2 finds the survivors in a prison, which seems an ideal place to start their new life: there is a stockpile of canned foods, there are gates to keep the zombies out, and plenty of other things, like a few surviving inmates. This book dealt less with how to deal with surviving the zombies and more on how to survive each other as trust becomes an issue and people start to turn on one other. This seems to be a common theme in a lot of the fiction I've read lately, and as such this cannot compare with such brilliance as "Under the Dome" by Stephen King, but then again, it would be unfair to compare it to SK. It's not that I didn't like it, I did, but it did have some elements I didn't care for. There's a lot of sex, which seems unnecessary until I remembered the target audience is adolescent boys. I'm sure I'll get around to finishing the series, since I never stop in the middle, but all these zombie apocalypse books are starting to feel very similar.

No comments: