Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm No Monster

Stefanie Marsh's look at the horrifying case that gripped the world last year when it was discovered that Josef Fritzl had kept his daughter, Elisabeth, locked up in an underground dungeon for twenty-four years and fathered 7 children off of her. While Marsh wasn't able to actually interview any of the principles in the case (Fritzl is writing his own memoirs--that should be interesting to say the least) she was still able to write an interesting and understandable account of the events. I read a lot of nasty stuff and usually it doesn't get to me, but this one did. The crimes that he committed were so atrocious, the average normal human mind can't even begin to fathom what could drive an individual to such evil. My dad was pretty horrified by the accusations in Mackenzie Phillip's book, "High on Arrival", and I'll be curious to hear what he has to say about this one. Fritzl makes John Phillips look like a saint.

No comments: