Monday, November 12, 2007

Next Man Up

Last night I finished reading "Next Man Up" by John Feinstien. He hung out with the Baltimore Ravens during the 2004 season, and reported on the every little day decisions that are involved with running an NFL team. It was really interesting, and amazing to me how much the players and coaches bounce around from team to team. I mean, I already sort of knew about the players from watching football for the last 10 years. They would introduce someone and I would think, hey, didn't they play for someone else last year? But I never realized how prevalent it is. It was a good book; I enjoyed it, and after watching football for nearly 11 hours straight yesterday, I can honestly say I am still not tired of football books. I am, however, running out of ones to read.
On a totally unrelated note: RIP Norman Mailer. If you've never read "The Executioner's Song", I highly recommend it.

No comments: