Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

Chelsea Handler's previous two books, "My Horizontal Life" and "Are You There, Vodka, it's Me, Chelsea", were both pretty hilarious. This one not so much. First off, it was way too short, barely over two hundred pages, and there were pictures and lots of white space and the font was really big. As I was reading one story I could have sworn she told of something similar in a previous book. I guess she's running out of funny things to entertain us about, which is unfortunate. Like the old Janet Evanovich books, I count on Chelsea to make me laugh. Also, she spent a good portion of the book making fun of her boyfriend (they recently split up, after the book went to press). It just didn't sit right with me, her making him out to be a fool. Making fun of her dad is one thing, but I didn't like it in regards to Ted.

No comments: